Role: 3rd Line Desktop Support Engineer
Salary : up to £45,000 based on experience
Note: The successful candidate will need to be Security Cleared
Tandem Talent is proud to be working with an exciting, IT solutions company based in Stevenage. Due to a period of sustained growth they are looking to recruit a talented 3rd Line Desktop Support Engineer. This is a great opportunity to join a company that can offer fantastic career opportunities and rewards.
The purpose of the 3rd line Desktop Support Engineer is to provide 3rd Line technical support to the hardware and software of the desktop environment, including SCCM, Group Policy, and deployed applications. To stay up to date with advances in hardware and software technologies and advise accordingly. To assist in the creation and management of Windows Images (WIMS) to supplement the Operating System Deployment (OSD) for desktops, laptops & workstations on the client's estate.
To assist the delivery of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services and value add. Deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all staff for their clients, meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of WIMS and OSD for desktop environment
- Assistance in development and creation a standard WIM image
- Assistance in production of OSD task sequencing for various H/W platforms
- Assistance in testing of newly created SOE’s
- Assistance in troubleshooting of SOE or build-related issues
- Liaising with suppliers in the correction of faults and the implementation of software and hardware fixes and upgrades
- Documentation of all technical solutions within the Service Desk knowledge base
- Provision of technical support and training to 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Analysts
- Testing and documentation of new hardware
- Writing of user documentation to support the front office hardware and software infrastructure
- Investigation into new product and solutions including recommendations
- Creation of group policies and administration of existing ones
- Analysis, management, and deployment of Microsoft patches to the desktop environment
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in a 2nd/3rd line Desktop support environment. Have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10), Active Directory and SCCM. You must also be able to create documents which are professional & articulate
In return you will have the opportunity to work within a business that strongly values its staff and the opportunity to work onsite with exciting clients. You will receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply with an up to date CV.
Please note due to the high volume of applications received if you have not been contacted within 5 working days unfortunately your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.