Reporting to: Project Leader of the current project on a day to day basis and ultimately to the Senior Partner
• Prepare, develop and edit, under the guidance of the project leader or nominated architect, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
• Where appropriate, assisting with Client Liaison in conjunction with other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations and potential landscaping requirements.
• Where necessary conducts potential studies on condition and characteristics of site, taking into account drainage, topsoil, trees, rock formations, etc.
• If required - analysing the site survey in conjunction with project leader and advises client on development and construction details taking into account the surrounding areas.
• Where appropriate monitors construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications.
• Seek to understand the design project
• Develop, where required, representations of design options for further discussion by the design team.
• Record evidence of your professional experience in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA (or equivalent as applicable e.g. AIA)
• Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster + Partners procedures and standards
• Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required by the Partner, Senior Partner or nominated Architect
Qualities and skills required
• Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• Evidence of a good design understanding e.g. a good design portfolio
• Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
• A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, life long learning
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
• Self motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
• Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
• Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget
• Evidence of the ability to understand design decisions taken by others
• Ability to use some of the following: Revit, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer
• Must have a minimum of 3 years Revit experience
• Must hold an Architect license in Europe or North America
• Must have worked on large design projects
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in a large International Practise
The ideal candidate MUST also be based in Bangkok and speak fluent English & Thai
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes holiday pay company pension and DIS.