Role: Assistant Merchandiser
Location: Can be remote with 1 day minimum per week in head office. Nr Swindon
Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser
Salary: up to £24,000
Tandem Talent is proud to be working with an exciting, people focused retail company. Due to a period of sustained growth they are looking to recruit talented Assistant Merchandisers to join their Merchandising team. The role will be a combination of home based and working from head office. This is a great opportunity to join a company that can offer fantastic career opportunities and rewards.
The main purpose of the Assistant Merchandiser is to ensure your categories are traded as effectively as possible, ensuring the flow & movement of stock through the business maximises profitability.
- Manage & trade forward orders, ensuring we are bringing in the appropriate products in the correct quantities at the right time to meet consumer demand, whilst staying within your intake limits.
- Re-forecast forward orders of products, ensuring suppliers are aware of expected demand and that they will have the correct quantities available.
- Manage the allocation setup to maximise the return on stock already in the business.
- Responsible for trading the allocation setup in season, including adjusting sales curves, size patterns, consolidating stock & managing old stock.
- Accountable for ensuring deliveries are processed effectively by the merchandising assistant
- Assist the merchandiser in the range planning process.
- Offer support during range review processes, including option frameworks, initial buy estimates, & review presentations.
- Support merchandiser with monthly trading reviews.
- Support merchandiser with supplier trading meetings, providing any relevant information.
The ideal candidate will have some merchandising experience and be willing to work in a fast paced environment. You must be a team player and be able to work under pressure. Candidates who have a passion for the outdoors are also desirable.
In return you will receive a basic salary of up to £24,000 and a generous benefits package which includes 25 days holiday plus bank holiday and a staff discount scheme and the opportunity to work for an impressive retail company.