Foster + Partners have excellent opportunities for experienced CDM Advisor/Principal Designers, to join their Construction Design Management department in Battersea, London. Reporting directly to the Head of CDM, you will be responsible for advising on health and safety risk management in accordance with UK CDM regulations, ensuring the practice meets its legal requirements.
- Advise designated and specific project design team members including client organisations on Health and Safety risk management matters, to carry out Foster + Partners duties as Principal Designer in accordance with current UK (or where relevant) internationally comparable CDM regulations.
- Assist and support CDM Manager.
- Help develop the role of CDM PD within Foster + Partners as defined by the Construction Design and management Regulations 2015.
- Advise designated and specific Project Design Team members including client organisations on Health and Safety risk management matters.
- Assist and provide support and advice to in-house design teams to facilitate office wide best practice standards irrespective of global location.
- Review projects and designs -- planned and adhoc prioritising CDM PD appointed projects and advising on any other projects to allow office wide consistency on Pre - construction Health and Safety matters and standards.
- Collate, organise and assist the client in providing Pre -Construction Information.
Skills & experience required -
- Demonstrate an ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of design and construction management and methodologies.
- Proven skills in the delivery of CDM/H&S consultancy services.
- Computer Literate -- CAD preferable
- Hold a degree in an architectural, architectural technology or engineering subject.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent IOSH membership.
This position will be based on-site in the offices in Battersea. If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply with an up to date CV.