Location: Birmingham office with the option for remote working 2 days per week
Due to a period of sustained growth we are looking to hire a Senior Developer and Developer to join our Birmingham office.
Working in a team of developers and solutions architects alongside our test and service desk teams developing and supporting a growing number of secure web-based portals, enabling the submission of online applications and the spatial enablement of data meeting a breadth of business requirements.
Looking to develop a career in an environment that has engaged the both waterfall and agile methodologies with core principles following a blend of these to enable swift development within a structured framework.
Gaining knowledge and experience in working on the enhancement of one of the UK’s major web-based application process solutions amongst many other spatially enabled solutions and looking to develop your experience of solutions with response design at their centre.
- To develop and support robust and innovative software solutions that is fit for purpose, for both internal and external clients.
- To analyse business requirements and internal design and develop system requirements.
- To lead by example developing structured and well documented clean reusable code
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- To build reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team.
- Design and build database schema’s with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security.
- To review and promote the appropriate introduction, and plan for the implementation of software tool versions that offer new/latest features. Utilise industry standard software development tools in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To keep aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards.
- To lead and mentor less experienced team members in TerraQuest SDLC standards and approach
- Tech Stack: React with Redux and Typescript (subject to test)
- Experience with front-end testing (i.e. jest)
- Proven ability of turning UI designs into web pages
- Experience in consuming REST APIs and contributing to their design
- Integration with headless CMS
- Experience with static site generators
- Understanding concepts of accessibility in front-end development
- Tech Stack: .net Core, WebApi, Entity Framework, SQL Server database
- Experience in implementing REST APIs
- Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks
- git and Visual Studio
- Azure technologies, such as ServiceBus, EventGrid, API Management would be big advantage
- nosql databases
- Must be team player
- Must have previous experience working in agile software development team to deliver solutions into production ready state
- Should be able to take ownership of ticket/user story from planning to presentation
- Should be DevOps aware
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary and a generous benefits package. Please apply for more information