Environmental Design Analyst - Carbon & Life Cycle Assessment
Foster + Partners are looking for an Environmental Design Analyst with expertise in Carbon and Life Cycle Assessment to join their growing Environmental Engineering team. You will conduct and lead Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and Whole Lifecycle Carbon assessments of the design projects in collaboration with the architectural, structural and building services engineering disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a carbon assessor within the construction industry. They will also have experience in undertaking Life Cycle Assessments from the design to the completion of buildings.
Skills and experience required -
- Demonstrated experience in a related field and previous work in the built environment
- Chartered or Registered to a professional board (eg. CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant, C.Env, C.Eng, MCIBSE, MIE, MIEMA…), or working towards this goal
- Experience in carrying out Life Cycle Assessment and/ or Whole lifecycle carbon assessments for buildings
- Experience in embodied carbon calculations in the construction industry in UK and internationally
- Experience in carbon offset strategies and programmes in the UK and international context
- Advanced proficiency in using at least one of the following tools: One Click LCA or eTool software to support the delivery of client’s net zero carbon aspirations.
- Advanced excel capabilities to conduct complex calculations
- Good knowledge of using Revit
- Detailed understanding of relevant planning guidance, ISO standards, and other methodologies relating to LCA, carbon footprint, and EPDs
- A passion for sustainability
- Experience in dealing with sustainability reports for planning and a good knowledge of London and UK-wide planning policy relevant to sustainability
- Good understanding of sustainability strategies related to waste management, materials and construction techniques
- Excellent knowledge of circular economy principles and strategies in construction
- Understanding of Environmental Assessment procedures (BREEAM, LEED etc) and the relevant to the role credits
This role will be based in the head office in Battersea, hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00am - 18:00pm. If you wish to be considered, please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio.