Foster + Partners, the international, integrated design practice are looking for a senior level, experienced, Facade Engineer/Specialist to join our Construction Review Group, to be based in Battersea. This role will see you working as an integral part of the in-house design review team working closely with architects across multiple projects at all stages of design and construction. The position requires excellent communication skills and in-depth technical knowledge in the design and engineering of integrated Façade systems and materials. This opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated Façade designer who wants to be part of the world’s leading design led practice.
- ARB Chartered Architect/qualified façade engineer with over 10+ years of experience delivering facade design with design-led practices
- International project portfolio
- In depth construction knowledge and experience including technical inspections and review of information provided by façade contractors
- Production of Facade Fire Risk assessments and knowledge and implementation of latest government fire regulatory measures
- Preparation of technical due diligence reports.
- Ensuring project outputs, systems and materials conform to scope, are safe, robust and of desired quality
- Support innovation and the development of bespoke progressive solutions
- Excellent practical knowledge of façade systems and materials
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of 3D design software (Revit, Rhino, CATIA, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D geometrical analysis (Grasshopper, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture or similar
- Ability to liaise and deal professionally with all staff within the office and external stakeholders, including clients, consultants, contractors, manufacturers, etc.
- Ability to use effective communication and negotiation skills in order to resolve critical issues
If you wish to be considered, please apply with an up to date CV.