The Facilities Technicians are responsible for developing, providing and maintaining a high standard of building fabric services throughout all Foster+Partners’ offices, property and various site offices. The facilities team provide a high level of support to our Global Award Winning Practice, we pride ourselves on customer service and continuously seek opportunities for innovation and improvement.
Role definition Job Title: Facilities Technician
Reporting to: Facilities Manager on a day to day basis and ultimately to the Head of Facilities
• Develop, provide and maintain a high standard of building fabric services throughout all Foster+Partners’ offices and property and various site offices, as required from time to time whilst continuously seeking opportunities for improvement
• Undertake planned and unplanned maintenance tasks on building fabric systems
• Carry out minor project, decorating, plumbing and project management works as required
• Respond to Facilities Help Desk requests, providing a professional and timely service
• Supervise specialist maintenance and installation contractors, both within and outside normal working hours
• Source, order and cost materials and parts as required.
• To set up service providers, order all materials and update all stock levels throughout.
• Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster+Partners procedures and standards
• To administer all work request from the Service Now helpdesk to all Facilities technicians. Completion of all SLA’s and closing of task within the helpdesk
• Administer all aspects of the Service Now PPM module and to control, issue and close the contractor’s side of the PPM.
• To administer and log all access equipment utilised with all Foster+Partners sites and issue with tags for health and safety compliance.
• Work closely with all team members to understand workloads.
• Attend weekly briefing meeting with Maintenance Supervisor / Manager for project work, workload discussions and any issues operating to the team.
Qualities and skills required
• Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• Previous experience and or related qualifications in maintenance work, particularly in building fabric/joinery/carpentry/plumbing would be an advantage.
• Pro-active, and able to work on own initiative and under minimal supervision with consistent attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication skills – articulate and diplomatic manner
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of an effective team
• Able to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally as there is a requirement to liaise with contractors and internal staff
• Previous experience in dealing with customers
• Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
• Resilient to cope with conflicting demands and able to prioritise duties and work under pressure while remaining calm and resilient at all times
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and helpful
• Physically able to carry out the responsibilities of the role
• Discretion, confidentiality and loyalty
• Ability to work the hours required of the position which are 40 hours per week which will be variable and dependent on project requirements. The standard hours will vary between 8.00 am and 7.00 pm Monday to Friday and will on occasions include weekends
• Although notice will be given where possible due to the nature of the position this may be required at short notice to deal with emergencies for example
• To work within a team providing assistance to other trades to finalise all aspects of maintenance.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension and DIS.
If you would like to be considered for the position please apply with an up to date CV
To apply or for further details please contact email@example.com
*Please note due to the high number of applications we receive if you haven't had a response within 10 days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.