Foster + Partners
Job Title: Librarian
Reporting to: Head of Library and Research
Foster and Partners are an award-winning British architectural design and engineering firm who put forward an innovative, modern and sustainable approach. We are based in Battersea SW London. Due to a period of sustained growth we are looking to recruit a Librarian to join our Communications team.
- Management of the Library Management System including acquisitions, circulation, enquiries and statistics.
- Cataloguing and classification of the library and periodicals collection according to international standards (MARC, AACR2, RDA, DEWEY).
- Coordination of the library enquiry service, answering requests in person, by phone or online.
- Administration and management of the books and periodicals collection including registration, display in the library area, organisation and binding where appropriate.
- Liaison with different departments to ensure the Library fulfils their needs.
- Coordination of planning and management of the stock check of books and journals including the running of reports and withdrawing/reordering missing materials.
- Occasional preparation of research reports and background material using the library collection and online resources.
- Maintenance of good stock order on a daily basis requiring light weight lifting.
- Promotion of Library Services.
- Provide general support as required and administrative assistance where necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with F+P procedures and standards.
Qualities and skills required:
- Legally able to work in the UK
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Interest in architecture - preferably experience of working in an architectural practice
- Empathy with a creative environment
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
- Able to ensure that discretion is exercised when dealing with sensitive information and that appropriate confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time effectively
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Flexible attitude and able to work additional hours as necessary to meet deadlines and fulfill the responsibilities of the position
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within an exciting and robust environment.
Due to the high number of applications we receive if you haven't been contacted within 5 days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.