Foster + Partners the acclaimed Architecture practice is recruiting for a Research Library and Archives Manager to join our talented team in Battersea.
As part of the wider Communications Departments your responsibilities include:
- Management of a team within the Communications Department consisting of a Researcher, an Archivist, and a Librarian.
- Oversee the production of research reports and business information for use throughout the practice.
- Preparation of profiles and biographies of VIPs and potential and current clients for Senior teams.
- Assist project teams with information, images, site histories, and other supporting material for client presentations and meetings.
- Research for public presentations by the practice’s Senior Partners.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the practices’ book and journal collections and set general library policy, administer book and e-book acquisitions and journal and newspaper subscriptions.
- Manage the Special Collections Archive, working with the archival team to catalogue and promote their holdings.
- Administration, distribution and answering of email general enquiries received via the Practice’s website.
- Manage storage, stock levels and distribution worldwide of the Practice’s books, publications, and promotional material.
- Provide general support to the Head of Communications.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster + Partners’ administrative procedures and standards.
Qualities and skills required
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Interest in architecture, design and the arts
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to ensure that discretion is exercised when dealing with sensitive information and that appropriate confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
Along with a competitive salary we also offer annual bonus, 25 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance.