Foster + Partners
Role: Materials Researcher x2
Location: London (Battersea)
We are looking for experienced Materials Researchers to join our growing Materials Research Centre. Providing an information and research service for the practice, the Materials Research Centre and the Information Centre together look at current and new materials, products, companies, technology, innovation, sustainability and technical issues.
The MRC is an in-house reference that houses over twenty thousand samples of materials and products. The IC is a physical library of product literature including brochures, catalogues and technical information.
• The provision of a daily information and research service
• Assist Architects/Designers in locating materials/products/ companies for projects
• Seek out new and alternative materials for projects as and when required
• Capture information on materials/products/companies used on Foster + Partner projects
• Production of an internal newsletter of new materials, technologies, seminars and events
• Organisation of CPD’s, seminars and presentations
• Assist in the organisations of exhibitions showcasing differing materials and technologies
• Coordinate the booking and organisation of the MRC for client presentations, meetings etc.
• To contribute, or otherwise assist as required
• In-depth research on thematic issues of materials and technologies
• High level evaluation of material / product information on the basis of accuracy, validity, importance and appropriateness for relevant building/ construction application.
• The provision of evaluated information related to the sustainability of material options.
Qualities and skills required
• Demonstrate highly developed analytical and research skills.
• Demonstrate understanding of sustainability in the broader context of climate change.
• Basic knowledge of building systems and construction techniques
• An understanding of the performance characteristics of materials such as emissivity, hardness etc. is desirable
• Experience in conducting LCA and interest in environmental product labelling a plus
• A knowledge of sustainable accreditations such as LEED, WELL etc. is desirable
• Knowledge and experience of circular economy advantage.
• Knowledge of resilient design and material health an advantage
• Well-developed problem-solving, systems thinking, quantitative, and critical thinking skills; intellectual curiosity preferred
• Strong computer skills for data analysis and manipulation, as well as database development an advantage
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary and a generous benefits package which includes Pension, DIS, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and annual salary reviews
If you are interested please apply by emailing direct
*Please note due to the high number of applications we receive, if you have not had a response within 10 days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.