TerraQuest- Planning Portal
Senior Planning Officer
Responsible to – Head of Operations
Salary c£40,000 plus bonus
At TerraQuest our Planning Portal service is the national submission platform for all Local Authorities in England and Wales
Based in the company’s Birmingham office, the TerraQuest Senior Planning Officer will be required to complete a range of planning applications including, Other, Minor and possibly Major applications as part of a team delivering full end to end or capacity-based services for Local Planning Authorities. As senior member of the team, they will also be required to play a role in the delivery of Development Management Services for key customers as subject matter expert and provide support to and development of the planning team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completion of delegated and committee planning application reports in accordance with the company’s agreed Key Performance Indicators, including Household Residential Extensions, Lawful Development Certificates, Prior Notifications, Advertisement Consents and Changes of Use
- Effective communication and negotiation with applicants and agents with regards to planning applications, planning queries and post-refusal advice.
- Using the Councils back-office system to update applications, compile reports and record details of site visits and the evaluation process
- Updating customer enquiry database in accordance with key performance indicators.
- Attending and reporting into monthly team meetings and weekly one to one case conferences
- To follow instructions as stated by Project Manager and meet all daily, weekly and monthly KPI targets
- Ensuring a right first-time approach by maintaining high productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performing Management/Peer Review sign-off of team planning application reports and monitoring and improving quality of reports, where required.
- Holding regular case meetings with team members to monitor and promote individual performance and provide technical guidance and advice.
- Developing client relationships to improve service delivery, quality of deliverables and agree better outcomes for customers.
- Responding to any procedural or technical issues with the customer as TerraQuest’s Subject Matter Expert
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience working within the Development Management (planning) section of a Local Government Planning Service. You will have experience leading a small team or experience signing off team members work. In addition you must also be be self motivated and a strong communicator.
In return you will receive a generous benefits package and salary c£40,000 based on experience.