Job Title: Warehouse Team Leader
Tandem Talent is proud to be working with an exciting, people focused retail company who are looking for new Warehouse Team Leaders (Section Leaders) to join their team based in the Head Office. You must have previous Warehouse experience from a similar role. Due to a period of rapid growth we are looking to recruit a number of Section Leaders.
The Section Leaders are responsible for their team providing an excellent and efficient service to ensure orders are delivered within the required timescales.
As a Section Leader your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with other Managers to ensure resources are best deployed to achieve targets
- Ensuring that all safety accidents/near misses are reported and acted on in accordance with health and safety procedures and legislation
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment by carrying out regular health and safety checks. Ensuring safe systems of work in adherence to health and safety standards and agreed methodology
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to continually increase warehouse efficiency
- Maintaining high levels of customer service, putting the customer first in every part of the operation. Ensuring the touchpoints important to the customer are embedded into the culture of your team.
People Management and Development
- Managing colleague attendance, performance and conduct through informal and formal management tools
- Leading your team to set and achieve daily targets for the shift
- Providing ongoing monitoring, coaching, mentoring and informal/formal performance reviews
- Holding accountability for your team’s fulfilment and management of KPIs
- Planning workloads and deadlines by liaising with other departments as well as using forward forecasting plans and co-coordinating these with staffing and business requirements
- Achieving and continuously improving on KPIs by monitoring, recording and managing staff targets
- Reporting key metrics at operative level
- Daily team meetings to discuss previous days results and the days targets
- Distribution and warehousing background
- Minimum 2 years’ managerial experience in Logistics
- Previous management of company policy regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience of continuous improvements
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Proven ability to support cultural change
- Be able to work as part of a team and identify and step in to help where help is required.
- Ability to use own initiative and communicate with your team to identify issues/ concerns and be able to use logic to identify their level of priority.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Lean six sigma principles
- 5S methodology
- IOSH managing safely
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme
- Up to 25 Days annual leave plus the national Bank Holidays + the option to buy and sell annual leave
- Incredible Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eyecare vouchers